Meet Darren Soto
Darren Soto is an accomplished lawyer, legislator, environmentalist, and proud progressive representing the diverse, hardworking people of Central Florida in Congress.
After graduating college, Darren moved to Orlando with a plan to stand up for people in the courtroom (and play music on the side.)
Along the way, Darren joined the Young Democrats to meet like-minded progressives in the area. Before long, he was asked to consider running for the Florida House at age 28. He ran, he won, and ever since, he’s brought a sense of humility and service to the job – and the voters have taken notice.
While serving in the Florida Legislature for the past eight years, Darren worked to bring high-paying, high tech jobs to Central Florida; protect our clean air, land, and water; expand and protect health care; help families facing foreclosure; and improve education.
Darren's agenda in Congress:
- Push for more high-paying jobs for the district
- Protect Social Security and Medicare for our seniors
- Support the Affordable Care Act, which provides nearly 1.7 million Floridians with health care
- Ensure our soldiers are protected on the battlefield and when they return home
- Protect our environment and restore the Everglades and our Springs
- Work to pass comprehensive immigration reform
- Ensure equality for all Americans
- Protect women’s health care rights
- Push for equal treatment for Puerto Ricans and stop cuts to Medicare there
Darren is the first person of Puerto Rican descent to serve in Congress from Florida. His wife, Amanda, has worked as a math coach in the Orange County public schools.
We need to fix our broken immigration system -- and we need to do it in a way that honors our proud heritage as a nation of immigrants, keeps families together, and works for our economy. We've debated this issue long enough. It’s time to get the job done. Pass comprehensive immigration reform -- with a pathway to citizenship -- without delay!
What's at Stake
Florida's working families deserve a leader who will champion bold, progressive solutions in the face of tough challenges. Click below to find my positions on the challenges we're facing:
- Gun Safety Reform
- Reproductive Rights and Women’s Health
- Social Security
- Environmental Protections
- Climate Change
- Jobs and Economy
- LGBT Equality
- Health Care
- Immigration Reform
Thank you for visiting my campaign website. If your intention was to visit my official House of Representatives website, please click here.
Soto for Congress
P.O. Box 420239
Kissimmee, FL 34742
➤ Or by Phone